Wednesday 1 February 2012

2-Tone Army

There are only three things in the world that I hate, and one of them is those adverts for army jobs.

If adverts are the devil incarnate, then army adverts are him putting on a hat and dancing around on your TV screens during the breaks in Come Dine With Me. It's bad enough that the military has to force its agenda into our living rooms, but what's really troubling is the glamorisation of war. I'm also deeply suspicious of anyone prepared to join the army, but let's not go into that now. The commodification of violence aside, here are the 5 worst army jobs adverts (that I could find online):

5.

I choose [D] Cry and eat biscuits.

4.

A fairly disproportionate response for a snowball fight...

3.

Because the army can also be really fucking boring.

2.

"You kill people. You get killed. A life without limits."

1.

I'll stick to the thousand hours of TV thanks. You patronising fucks.

Tanks for reading (some army humour for you there), I'll leave you with the song by The Toasters that this blog is named after, enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I'm still glad there are people willing to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We gotta have an army, and one way or another we need to recruit people into the army. In many developed countries they still rely on national subscription. Think of this advertising as a lesser evil. (A dancing round the TV devil as opposed to a devil holding you at gun point)

    (This is Dan by the way. Logging into my blogspot account means logging out of my student mail because it's connected to a different g-mail account, and I can't be bothered with that)

    ReplyDelete